Thursday, March 7, 2013

Scary Spice Dishes On The Spice Girls The Olympics And Everything New 2013


How does a gay even begin to blog about chit-chatting with one of his tween idols I still remember the self watched (see also: ugly cried; shrieked) the pop perfection known as The Spice Girls' “Wannabe” music video on. Since that moment, my life has never been the same. Mel. (oh haaai Scary Spice!) was everything my shy, pimply tween self wanted to be: she had big hair, big shoes, big 'tude, was crazily confident and crashed a chic fete with her homegirls whilst shaking her thang on a staircase, and shouting out her own sassy language Besides teaching me that "friendship never ends!", the English gals also gave me the birds and the bees safe sex run-down via their ballad, "2 Become 1", ("put it on, put it on!"), for which I'm sure my parents were quite pleased. Although Scary Spice and I shared a mutual appreciation for leopard print and a good tongue ring, my “friends” perpetually made me be Sporty Spice :'( (As a result, I still have nightmares of my evil peers ripping apart my pull-away Adidas track pants on the playground). Following Ginger Spice's devastating exit, I tried to move on: I stored my hundreds of Spice Girl Tiger Beat mags in a drawer, I binged on all of my Spice Girls Chupa Chups lollipops, I perpetually cried myself to sleep whilst grasping my Scary Spice Beanie Baby and humming their immaculate ballad, "Goodbye". But, as Mel B's verse in the aforementioned pop gem suggests, I was advised to "look for the rainbow in every storm"... And, thank the gay Gods/90s nostalgia, I found that rainbow illuminating our Spice World once again! If you're a functioning human being,

















LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...